Calling all Canadian based Modern Quilters! I want to start a Canadian Improv Sewing Bee. I am looking for 6 to 12 modern quilter who are comfortable with improv quilting and looking to support, push and encourage one another. I would like to start this in January 2019.

What is a Sewing bee, you may ask? It is a group of people who decided to create a block or two every month, inspired by that month's leader theme and palate. Every month there is a new leader.

I want this bee to be based on the concept of Improv with Intent. What exactly is that you may ask? I can't explain it better than Cheryl Arkison so go to this blog post: http://www.cherylarkison.com/diningroomempire/2015/10/what-really-counts-as-improv-quilting.html


I would like to have this bee use mostly solid fabrics. The monthly leader is to give an inspirational photo and or/theme. They should also provide a colour range within the group to work and always invite members to use their creativity to interpret the inspiration.


Here is an example of what would be expected of the leader every month.




Lately I have been inspired by flowers. I love their rich colours and vibrancy. Flowers can be such a delight to one's senses. I would love to create a quilt with that same feeling. I have chosen light grey, pinks and a touch of green as my color palette. You can make many small blocks or one large block, just as long as you have about the equivalent of a 15" X 15" block.

Have fun! I can’t wait to see what you all come up with. Canadian Improv bee mates post with #canadianimprovbee .


It is as simple as that. So if you would like to be apart of this group just sign up here:

https://goo.gl/forms/jfzhY9EAvwXt4F1S2

Jera MacKenzie
(IG) @jeramackenzie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calling all Canadian based Modern Quilters!

Welcome to the Canadian Improv bee!

Guidelines